Monday, October 13, 2008

Mom's List For Tony

Emailed to Tony on Wednesday October 8, 2008

Here we go in NO particular order:

All About Eve....NYC theater life. Classic Bette Davis,she's an aging Broadway star,hires a fan as
her assistant. Very telling about the "industry" and their view on aging.

Harvey......Jimmy Stewart as a lovable drinker with a companion.

Bonnie and Clyde......a very different movie about criminals.You actually like them.

Life is Beautiful.....Italian film, powerfully hopeful and moving.It stayed with me for weeks.

Singing in the Rain....One of the best song and dance films,PERIOD.
About Hollywoods transition from silent movies to talkies. Gene Kelly stars and directs this film, and I believe that it was the first time dancers were filmed whole body as they performed due to his creativity.

Little Women... (1994 Winona Ryder version).Beautiful movie about sisters in New England
during civil war time. One of my fav books, and characters(Jo, and Beth) of all time.

Dream Girls....Just because I love Motown. Eddie Murphy may surprise you!

Road to Perdition....Paul Newman, Tom Hanks, enough said.

Shall We Dance......Really stepping out of your box,like Richard Gere does in this movie.

The Ghost
and Mr. Chicken.....Sunday afternoons with my parents, and siblings.Chips and cheese doodles are a required snack during the viewing!!

Tony had already seen Bonnie and Clyde and Road to Perdition, so they were replaced with:

Immortal Beloved...Beethoven period piece.

On Golden Pond....Beautiful, an eye opening movie about family dynamics.

3 comments:

Sully Splatter said...

Let me know when you watch Harvey. That's a good flick.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to know you haven't seen these movies either. I know their names and that they're all classics, but I haven't seen a single on.

good luck with anything referred to as a "period piece"

Allison said...

"All About Eve" is a great flick...but I most look forward to Tony's reviews of "Little Women" and "Dream Girls." Just because.

By the way, "Little Women" makes me cry every time I watch it. If you're the weepy sort, Tony, you should be forewarned.